What is that aartemis.com?
What you really need to remove is aartemis.com pagewhere you can find yourself rerouted to.The name of the site gives the clue that that you have faced aartemis virus which truly should be identified as a browser hijacker intruding Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox or/and Internet Explorer browser. The targeted computers are infected, so the cyber criminals become able to track user’s surfing habits. Unfortunately, there are a lot of cases when users don’t know what dangerous activities are led in their computers and that the search engine of aartemis must be avoided. Sadly, aartemis.com, launched by Taiwan Shui Mu Chih Ching Technology Limited is designed very smartly and users do not find it suspicious, so they do not hurry up to delete aartemis hijacker.
Apart from having modified search supplier, users normally find more changes on the browsers, such as new home page. The irritating browser hijacker also brings some other issues to the system. Together with the mentioned modifications of browser settings, aartemis additionally makes your system incapable of working properly. Beginning with the broken internet connection and ending with the slower operation of the whole system. Well, aartemis browser hijacker has to be blamed a lot, but the only good thing about it is that it can force you to assume that this may not be the only one item eager to take over the system. What you have to keep doing is start aartemis removal procedure as quickly as you can. Investigate your Windows system thoroughly, because there are a lot of chances that redirect have opened the doors of the system and let the other intruders in.
How does aartemis.com get into PC?
If you have ever before faced any browser hijacker you may remember that such type of threats are usually installed alongside other items, in most cases, freeware. Users are often lured by the offers of getting freeware, but they forget to take into account the reliability of the sources. Hence, they end up with aartemis browser hijacker on computer which is installed as a supplementary application. Ironically, when the installation proceeds, user can usually notice the statements asking whether the additional item can be installed and warning about forthcoming modifications, but probably skips it and so, causes damage to the system himself/herself. Despite the trustful look of the given search provider, you should remove aartemis.com out of the system.
What happens after aartemis hijacker becomes activated?
Just right after first seconds of the activation of aartemis, as presented previously, you browser is taken over. So, you notice that your favorite startup page and search provider is changed to aartemis.com address. Then, without any suspicious, you start using this page for your searches and so, a number of never-seen-before advertisements start bothering you. If you click on these ads, you let cyber criminals earn huge sums of money which is stimuli for them to infect more computers and continue employing the popular pay-per-click system. Interestingly, the shown advertisements usually include something attractive for you, because it is created on the grounds of the collected data regarding your mostly visited pages or your searches.
Thus, we advise you to follow the passages below telling more about the tricky browser hijacker. Get to know about aartemis.com removal and the ways to protect your computer from malware.
Are there any threats similar to aartemis?
To tell the truth, before aartemis.com page came to the light, there were a few browser hijackers leading the same activities as aartemis. The hijackers that were created earlier include the names of Qvo6 virus, PortaldoSites or Delta-Homes. They act in the same ways as they also take over the control of the browser and implement some new things on it, i.e. change the settings. Honestly, it doesn’t matter which hijacker you have on your Windows operating system, you must eliminate all of them. This should be done in order to prevent the attacks additional threats that can be infiltrated into the system at any moment. Please, read the passage below to find out how to remove aartemis.
How to remove aartemis?
Eliminate aartemis browser hijacker in order to have your PC free from intruders. Besides, you will no longer be annoyed by the advertisements and changes on the system. If you wish to use your computer normally again, rely on the guide which at the end of this article. Truly, you have to perform two procedures – uninstallation of the hijacker and repair of the browser. If you would like to erase aartemis automatically, you need to have a reputable anti-malware. Spyhunter is software you can always use which can help you have all the viruses removed from the system quickly and safely. Install it and get rid of the viruses (also take into account the list of files and processes which do not have to be left in the system for any longer).
How to delete aartemis?
Follow the steps:
How to remove aartemis from Windows 8:
- Windows key button – - – Metro UI.
- Right-click on background – - – All apps.
- Control Panel - – - Uninstall a program.
- Right-click on the removable item – - – Uninstall.
How to remove aartemis from Windows Vista/Windows7:
- Task Bar (left side) – - – Start.
- Control Panel – - – Uninstall a program.
- Right-click on the removable item – - – Uninstall.
How to remove aartemis from Windows XP:
- Task Bar – - – Start.
- Control Panel – - – press twice on Add or Remove Programs.
- Trace the removable item – - – Remove.
How to delete aartemis.com?
Follow the actions:
How to remove aartemis.com from Internet Explorer:
- IE browser – - – Alt+T - – - Manage Add-ons – - – Search Providers.
- Remove search supplier you don’t need – - – Close.
- Alt+T – - – Internet Options.
- General tab – - – identify the Home Page - – - remove it.
- Enter the title of your new startup page – - – OK.
How to remove aartemis.com from Mozilla Firefox:
- Mozilla Firefox – - – Alt+T.
- Options – - – trace the Home Page - – - remove it.
- Enter the title of your new startup page – - – OK
- Search provider - – - Manage Search Engines.
- Trace the removable search engine - – - remove it – - – press OK.
How to remove aartemis.com from Google Chrome:
- Google Chrome browser – - – Alt+F.
- Settings – - – On Startup section.
- Set pages - – - Overwrite/remove name of the site – - – OK.
- Appearance – - – Change.
- Overwrite/remove name of the site – - – OK.
- Search – - – Manage search engines.
- Trace the removable search engine - – - erase it (X) – - – Done.
Target Modification for all browsers
- Right-click on current browser shortcut.
- Click Properties and open Shortcut tab.
- Go to Target line and delete everything that is OUTSIDE of quotation marks.
- Press OK to save changes.